Saturday, October 07, 2006

Pumping Iron

I used to enjoy exercise. In the last 10 years or so I had little chance to exercise much. I always used to bemoan this fact and look forward to devoting more time to it.

Well now the time has come. 3 times a day (for at least 20 minutes) I have to lift weights and strengthen my muscles. On top of this I have to find time to walk outside twice a day. This takes about 30 minutes per session. To find time for all of this I have to take time out from working, being with my kids, davvening, and speaking to friends.

It is hard to understand why this should be my "tafkid" (role) right now. It doesn't feel right. I know this must be my main focus for the coming year if I want to recover a little.

My father gave me some sage advice before Rosh Hashana. I have to hope that my children, husband and friends will learn from this. When life throws you obstacles you don't give up, you put your maximum effort in and trust in Hashem to get over the hurdles. I have a few good role models to follow, but I am looking for more...

No comments: